The intention of getting married is not to get divorced, but life can throw unexpected curveballs. Whether you’re a newlywed, have been married for years, or are somewhere in between, divorce is a challenging process that can be emotionally draining, overwhelming, confusing, and expensive. However, a divorce attorney can make the process easier and less time-consuming.
Hiring a lawyer might take time to help with the emotional burden of divorce. Still, family law attorneys with experience in divorce can radically improve the odds of the client’s most desired outcome.
What services do divorce attorneys in Norfolk provide their clients?
Divorce can be complex and emotionally challenging, and having a divorce attorney can provide several benefits. Our divorce attorneys in Norfolk are dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. We provide our clients with customized and compassionate care to identify our client’s needs and execute promptly.
Here are some of the main advantages of hiring a divorce attorney:
- Legal expertise: A divorce attorney has specialized knowledge of family law, including the legal requirements and procedures for divorce in your state. They can provide valuable guidance on what to expect during the divorce process, how to protect your legal rights, and how to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
- Objective counsel: Divorce can be a highly emotional and stressful experience, and it can be difficult to make rational decisions about important decisions like custody and complex property division. A divorce attorney can provide clear, professional advice as well as give you a reasonable divorce timeline and help you make informed decisions based on the facts of your case rather than your emotions.
- Negotiation skills: Divorce often involves negotiations and mediation between the two parties, and a divorce attorney can help you negotiate a fair and favorable settlement. They can also help you communicate with your spouse’s attorney, which can be especially helpful if there is a high level of conflict or animosity between you and your spouse.
- Paperwork and documentation: Divorce involves a significant amount of paperwork and documentation, and navigating this alone can be overwhelming. A divorce attorney can help you complete and file all necessary paperwork, ensuring everything is done correctly and on time.
- Court representation: If your divorce case goes to court, a divorce attorney can represent you and advocate for your interests before a judge. They can present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and argue on your behalf to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
If you are going through a divorce and are seeking counsel, call us today!
Are you looking for a family law team that can help your unique situation? Are you considering divorce but want to learn more about the process or timeline?
Our attorneys are here to help. With an experienced divorce lawyer, you can rest assured your rights and options are assessed and acted upon. Additionally, our attorneys at Mahoney Richmond Thurston, PLLC, ensure deadlines are met, finances are divided, and the best interests of your child or children are considered. With decades of experience in family law, we are committed to helping you get through this difficult time. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.